How much does it cost to live in Brittany Terrace?
- Each Member household pays three charges.
- New potential residents pay an Application Fee of $250 per household. There is also a Credit Check Authorization Fee of $50 per applicant.
- As of January 2020, there is a non-refundable joining fee of $20. Upon the approval of the co-op by the NY State Attorney General, a one-time Membership fee of $100 will be charged. The $100 will be refunded if the member sells their home.
- The third charge is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash/recycling collection and the Corporation’s mortgage payments. Lot rent is currently $615 per month AND there is an additional $40 service charge for maintenance of the water and sewer treatment plants. Each home is individually metered; the resident is billed monthly for their water and propane usage.
- Additional charges that may also apply are Washingtonville school tax and New Windsor real estate taxes for your individual home. Owners of manufactured homes are eligible to apply for the School Tax Relief (STAR) program.
- We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- Find out more about the application process here.